Thursday, February 18, 2010

Life's not a dress rehearsal

Some of you may know that I'm desperately trying to change my lifestyle. It's been a little rocky, but good for the most part.

Along with my weekly commitments to working out and taking my vitamins, I'm also trying to eat only veggies, fruit, beans, potato, brown rice, nuts, eggs, and maybe fish. I've never been a big meat eater, so eliminating meat won't be a problem for me. Guess that would make me a semi vegetarian. And dairy products have never settled well with my stomach..BUT I refuse to give up my coffee creamer. That's my one treat :) If I have any dairy it may be ranch dip or something like that. For now anyway :)

I've already notice a big difference in the way my body feels when I eat fresh. And I notice how crappy I feel when I don't. Duh :)

You might be thinking that this a "diet" I'm trying. It's not. I would LOVE to live this way forever! To only eat food grown from God's good earth..and keep it fresh (not in a box) is what was intended for us. This is also a spiritual approach for me. The idea that our body is a temple, and how we're suppose to keep it pure and so on. Not sure how extreme I'll get with this. I'm just ready for a change, and I want to set a good example for my kids, along with living longer!!

I've heard there's book called "You are what you eat" and I'm going to buy it. Curious what I might learn from all this!

Here's my yummy lunch

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious! It looks like the FIRST course. I would be hungry after like, 20 minutes. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete